Care & Maintenance

Please call to discuss your requirements.


With simple care, Roman Stone will retain its radiant, lustrous appearance for many years. For routine cleaning, use a damp cloth or paper towel and, if necessary, a small amount of non-bleach, nonabrasive cleanser.
Even though Roman Stone resists permanent staining when exposed to liquids such as wine, vinegar, tea, lemon juice and soda or fruits and vegetables, wipe up food and liquid spills as soon as possible.
For stubborn or dried spills, use a nonabrasive cleaning pad such as a white 3M Scotch-Brite® scrub pad coupled with Formula 409® Glass & Surface Cleaner or a comparable cleaning product.
Avoid using cleansers that contain bleach. Always follow the cleaner manufacturer’s use instructions and exercise proper care when handling and storing any cleaning products.

Preventing Heat and Other Damage

Roman Stone can withstand exposure to normal cooking temperatures from pots, pans and dishes without being damaged. To maintain the beauty of Roman Stone, do not place hot skillets or roasting pans directly onto the surface. We recommend the use of trivets and hot pads.

Removing Difficult Spills

Sometimes spills occur and dry on the countertop. For materials that harden as they dry (such as gum, food, grease, nail polish or paint), remove by gently scraping away the excess with a plastic putty knife.
Permanent markers and inks may adhere to the surface and should be avoided. Should these agents come into contact with the surface, clean first as outlined above.
Avoid exposing Roman Stone Mineral surfaces to strong chemicals and solvents, especially paint removers or furniture strippers containing trichlormethane or methylene chloride. Keep nail polish remover, bleach, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps away from Roman Stone.
While casual exposure to alkaline materials will not damage Roman Stone, highly alkaline (high-pH) cleansers are not recommended when cleaning Roman Stone.
If any of the substances listed above come into Contact with Roman Stone, rinse the exposed surface immediately and thoroughly with water.

Scroll to Top